Our role is to develop and champion good employment policy and practice to support the objectives of Civil Service reform and ensure we meet current employment legislation.
Our main objectives are to:
- promote the Civil Service Management Code (CSMC) and supporting guidance, to ensure that departments develop employment policies and practices within the agreed corporate framework
- keep departments and agencies up-to-date on current employment legislation and develop corporate frameworks for meeting new/revised guidelines
- manage the Civil Service’s central relationship with the Council of Civil Service Unions and support departments with their relationships with trades unions
- maintain and develop job evaluation systems suitable for Civil Service pay and grading arrangements and promote professional job evaluation standards and good practice
- ensure that Senior Civil Service contracts reflect the corporate Civil Service agenda and meet with current employment legislation
- develop effective working relationships with the welfare bodies sponsored by the Cabinet Office, as part of the Civil Service’s commitment to a better deal for staff.
The partnership with these organisations is part of the Civil Service’s commitment to a better deal for staff. You can get information about each of these bodies by following the relevant link below.
To speak to someone about these partnerships and how they operate, please call Bill Fitzmaurice on 020 7276 2230.