Our leadership strategy is shaped around four key objectives, each critical if we’re to meet the challenges we face in the 21st century.
- We want to be recognised as a source of expert, objective and evidence-based policy advice, by ministers, external bodies, and internationally.
- We need to deliver world-class, customer-focused services, designed around what people want and need.
- We must work in partnership with other departments, as well as the wider public, private and third sectors, to deliver modern, cost-effective public services.
- We should be hungry to learn from the best examples of change, wherever we find them, and have the confidence and skills to apply what we learn.
The right leadership for today, and tomorrow
The Senior Leadership Committee (SLC) aims to ensure we have the right leadership capability within the Civil Service.
A key part of this is our leadership framework, which sets out what’s expected of leaders within the Senior Civil Service, and anyone who wants to improve their leadership skills.
Equally important is that we have the right people in key positions to help us move forward, and succession planning is a vital part of our leadership strategy.
Find out more
- Our Leadership Framework
- What we’re doing to plan ahead