Developing leadership skills is a key priority. Our leadership framework sits at the heart of Professional Skills for Government. It sets out what’s expected of our senior leaders in terms of delivering business results, building capability and setting direction. It also highlights what individuals can do to improve their leadership skills.
The importance of our values to effective leadership
Leadership, like everything we do, must be underpinned by the 4Ps:
- Pace: providing rapid responses to problems and delivering the right solutions for the longer-term.
- Passion: being passionate about providing high quality public services for all.
- Pride: taking pride in what we do and ensuring that the country is proud of its Civil Service.
- Professionalism: in the way we formulate policies and deliver services
Find out more
- Case studies
- National School of Government leadership programmes [External website]
- Update to National School of Governments leadership programme [PDF, 123KB, 2 pages]